As I stand on the precipice of my 51st year, I am taking time to reflect on this past year of my life. I have a dear friend named Tommy who spoke prophetically to me as I was turning 50. Tommy declared that this year was my Jubilee YEAR, he said that this would be a year of restoration. He spoke that everything that cancer had removed would be restored by God……..only BETTER!!
The Jews were commanded by God to observe a Jubilee Year, every 50 years. It was when any Israelite that was a slave was set free. Debts were forgiven and slaves returned to their homes and clans. The harvest was collected and the ground rested. It is where the concept of the Sabbatical year comes from.
So I began my 50th year with a wonderful party. I was surrounded by 75 people whom I know and love. Family came from Maryland, we rented a room and kicked off my next 50 years!! I had music, great food and I even sang with some of my chorus ladies. We had a photobooth there and everyone had a lot of FUN!!!
- I started to facilitate a BC Support at SCCC to help other BC survivors. We are up to 20 attendees and in Feb we will start on in Viera as well
- By April 2011, I became a full time employee of SCB Marketing (no longer an independent contractor).
- By June I had Merrill living with me (answering a 6 year prayer)
- By July, I had health insurance (that is huge for me)
- In August I was asked to be the survivor coordinator for the “B PINK Project”. A great project that will honor BC survivors and raise awareness and funds in our community.
- I joined the ACS “Cattle Baron’s Committee” which raises funding for Cancer patients and sends kids with cancer to rock camp.
- September, I got a NEW CAR!!!!
- In September I was honored as SCCC “Survivor of the Year”.
- In October I had 12 speaking engagements and “Put on my Pink bra” to Make Strides against breast cancer. I had a team of 25 walkers for the event and we raised nearly $4000. With USA giving me a huge donation.
- In November I asked my love and one of the Strongest men I have ever known to be my husband. We are getting married this summer 🙂
- I have had my relationship with a precious child restored. She was previously my step daughter and I had loved and missed her for nearly 2 years. Thank you God!!
- Dr. Guy has done a series of peels and laser on Dec 22nd which has corrected the damage to my skin from my cancer ordeal.
- I was elected to the Cocoa Beach Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors and was installed last night.
- I have also had my prayer answered to be on Space Coast Cancer Foundation’s board. I was asked this week to join the process to join the board.
- This week, I got the word from my doctor, Dr. Levine that ALL my blood work is completely normal. No residual weirdness from cancer.
- I just got my statement from my retirement account and it is nice to be building something there again as well.
- I am finally getting my old hair back. Everyday more and more like my old hair 🙂
No matter where I look in my life I see God’s providence and blessing. So, it is with great joy and anticipation that I enter my 51st year~~ I will NEVER complain about a birthday or growing older. My Nana turned 94 yesterday and she did it so gracefully and beautifully. I want to be just like her when I grow up….serving others, still inquisitive, and making new friends and memories!!
Tommy was 1000% CORRECT